How to add a mailbox hosted by a provider other than Onkho
All custom mailboxes are set up to use the SMTP protocol for sending email. You will need the "SMTP settings" from your mailbox hosting provider in order to add a custom mailbox to Onkho that will be used to send emails. Port settings are configured by Onkho by default but can be overwritten if necessary.
All custom mailboxes are set up to use the IMAP protocol to scan for incoming email. You will need the "IMAP settings" from your mailbox hosting provider in order to add the custom mailbox to Onkho. Some settings are configured by Onkho as default and cannot be changed.
Once you have your mailbox settings, to add a custom mailbox:
- Go to the Settings page
- Click on the Mailboxes tab
- Click on the top right ellipsis button and select "Add mailbox"
- Choose Custom as your provider
- Enter the mailbox's email address
- Set how the mailbox is going to be used - at least one of the options must be selected
- Select Yes if the mailbox should always be suggested by default when sending an email - note this is a suggestion, you can always change it if you have multiple mailboxes
- Add an optional signature and disclaimer - consider using templates so you can re-use the signatures and disclaimers on other mailboxes
- Specify which email address recipients should reply to
- Press Next at the bottom of the page
- Enter the IMAP settings as your Incoming mail server settings
- Enter the SMTP settings as your Outgoing mail server settings
- Press Save at the bottom of the page
Once you've added a mailbox, you should see it in the list of mailboxes. You should then test the mailbox to make sure it's working correctly.